Purpose and Goals
- Develops pertinent protocol reports which provide open source information and data of suspected gang related crimes or other criminal activity. This information should be (non law enforcement sensitive) and used to show the works and successes of the Operation Gang-Up Initiative.
- Will coordinate and assist existing regional NEPA law enforcement by providing specific gang awareness education to the community and gang training to essential law enforcement personnel when needed.
- Works to develop and/or procure needed training in support of all essential regional first responders, sworn, auxiliary law enforcement personnel and training academies regarding gang related crimes and activities.
- Works to provide training to K thru 20+ schools in the NEPA region.
- Provides information sessions to the NEPA community and leaders as necessary.
- Works with The Institute of Public Policy and Economic Development (The Institute) to develop protocols to track gang activity and/or gang – related crime for statistical analysis, reports and future publications.
Role of Co-Chairs
- When appropriate, serves as a liaison to other subcommittees and advises Senator Yudichak and Congressman Barletta on regional community matters concerning Operation Gang-Up.
- Works with The Institute of Public Policy and Economic Development (The Institute) to coordinate meetings and agendas.
- Supports The Institute’s work for the subcommittee.
- Supervises and coordinates subcommittee meetings.
- Serves as an external spokesperson when necessary on matters concerning Operation Gang-Up.
- Reports to the committee members on decisions directed by the Steering Committee and other sub committees that affect the Law enforcement committee’s work.
- When appropriate, serve as a liaison to other subcommittees.
- Where appropriate, guides the committee in proposing new activities and services that will further the mission and goals of the Operation Gang-Up Initiative.
- Where appropriate, make law enforcement recommendations to the Steering Committee or other subcommittees.
- To ensure that the committee business and reports are captured and passed on to The Institute for memorializing.
Law Enforcement Subcommittee
FBI - Philadelphia
FBI – Scranton
Lackawanna County District Attorney Jarbola
Lackawanna County Police Chiefs Association
Lackawanna County Prison
LCCC Public Safety Training
Luzerne County District Attorney Salavantis
Luzerne County Police Chiefs Association
Luzerne County Prison
PA Dept. of Corrections – Special Investigations and Intelligence
Pennsylvania State Police – Dunmore
Pennsylvania State Police – Hazleton
Pennsylvania State Police – Wyoming
Wilkes-Barre Police Department