Purpose and Goals
- To set the national gold standard for other Anti-gang initiatives throughout the United States
- Creates a forum for community awareness, health services, education and information sharing amongst other community related organizations and interested citizenry.
- Provide resource information regarding potential gang- related activity, and to produce protocols to report observations to law enforcement.
Role of Co-Chair
- When appropriate, serves as a liaison to other subcommittees and advises Senator Yudichak and Congressman Barletta on regional community matters concerning Operation Gang-Up.
- Works with The Institute for Public Policy & Economic Development (The Institute) to coordinate meetings and agendas.
- Supports The Institute’s work for the subcommittee.
- Supervises and coordinates subcommittee meetings.
- Serves as an external spokesperson when necessary.
- Provides reports to the Law enforcement committee on decisions of the Steering Committee and other sub committees that affect the committee's work.
- When appropriate, serve as a liaison to other subcommittees.
- Where appropriate, guide the Community committee in proposing new activities and service that will further the mission and goals of the Operation Gang-Up Initiative.
- Where appropriate, make recommendations to the Steering Committee or other subcommittees.
- To ensure that the Community committee provides other subcommittees with a report recorder/ secretary for every agenda meeting and Operation Gang-Up Initiative function.
Boys and Girls Club of Northeastern Pennsylvania
Geisinger Health Systems
Governor’s Advisory Commission on Latino Affairs
Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce
Greater Pittston Chamber of Commerce
Greater Wilkes-Barre Chamber of Commerce
Lackawanna County Department of Health Services
Luzerne County Children and Youth Services
Serento Gardens: Alcoholism and Drug Services
Spanish American Leaders Serving All
West Scranton Hyde Park Neighborhood Watch
Wilkes-Barre Crime Watch Coalition
Wyoming Valley Alcohol & Drug Services
Wyoming Valley Alcohol & Drug Services, Inc